Friday, April 27, 2012

Hiroshi

My last week in Okinawa, I had a little companion for the long days while T is at work. Meet Hiroshi!


I was beyond excited when I found out we would be taking care of him for a whole week. I had tons of plans to take him on walks to stores close to our place and even take him to the beach. I was supposed to get a rental car for one of my last days on island but we went last minute one afternoon and oddly there were no cars left. Super disappointed. So without a car and it rained almost every day, we didn't have much opportunity to get out. The one day it was beautiful outside, we left the apartment to go on a walk and found ourselves greeted by this.


Yes, a chicken! This little guy saw us standing on the first floor landing and heard the dog bark and started coming after us. I may be a small town girl but I am NOT a farm girl. I don't know anything about chickens and scared I was going to be pecked by a wild one decided it was best to run back upstairs. Once inside our place, I decided to sneak back downstairs and see if it really had followed us. And it sure had, it was squawking on the second floor. When T came home he was gone. Gone to where; the corn field, a tomb, or maybe a neighbor has a pet chicken?

Hiroshi really makes me miss our kitty back at my parent's house. Excited to go home so soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment