Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tourist Visa: Expired

I just realized I have less than 2 weeks left in Okinawa. Less than 2 weeks to spend every waking moment with my husband. Less than 2 weeks to make sure I see and do everything on Okinawa we planned to do and haven't gotten around to doing for the past few months.

Leaving never gets easy and I should know this by now. In the three years we have known each other, this is the longest we have spent together in consecutive days - our record was just under four weeks before the wedding.

It's only six weeks. Six weeks apart used to be easy. But I am dreading more than ever saying "see you soon" at yet another airport. I so hate airports it is not even funny! Just thinking about makes me feel sick.

For now, I will hide the part of me that wants to cry because this sucks every single time and be happy I have almost two weeks left to spend with him. And that even when I leave I know I can talk to him almost anytime I want and that he is safe. Much better than some other possibilities.

Like most times we have been separated by hundreds or thousands of miles, just gotta keep myself busy.

Throwback: Our last picture together before he left for Okinawa
  

3 comments:

  1. My boyfriend did 10 years in the Navy and was stationed in Japan for 2 of those years! Hope you enjoy the last two weeks with your husband! :)
    x Jes, www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi! I'm also a Marine wife, and spent 2 months living in Oki (before the husband and I were married, as a nanny to an AF couple). I adored every second there, and am praying for our next orders to be to Okinawa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine how hard that is! I hope you enjoy the last two weeks with your husband and see everything you hoped to see!

    ReplyDelete