Friday, April 20, 2012

Cafe George

Cafe George is our local watering hole in Okinawa. The bar is actually in the "penthouse" apartment next door and the Japanese man who lives and works there is one of Tom's first friends when he moved to Okinawa. Ken is in a band with three other guys and they play in the bar or at local talent shows. I never got to hear them live but we have one of their CD's - happy birthday is my favorite! Tom actually is their English translator for syntax.
 
Besides Ken, his mom and the apartment complex owner both are regulars. And are pretty fond of my husband. We love this bar not just because it is so close to our place but for so many reasons that only pictures can best explain.

The Drinks - Ken pours them strong!
Karaoke
The View - Okinawa City Lights
Darts: My skills were laughable and yet I almost won!






Hopefully we can find a bar in NC just as worthy of being our local hangout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment