Wednesday, March 28, 2012

White Beach

Contrary to popular my belief that I would spending weekends at the beach when we came back to Okinawa, we had yet to make the trip to the beach until this week. 

I had a doctor's appointment one afternoon and since I can't drive out here, Tom had to take me home afterwards. Since it wasn't an entirely busy day, he ended up leaving work a few hours early. This does not happen often and I was excited to have an afternoon with him. Added bonus: it was sunny and decently warm outside. I persuaded my sleepy husband to take me to the beach. 

We decided to go to White Beach Naval Base. We got there at low tide and were able to walk out pretty far. Tom wanted to wade through the water to get to an island but it was way too cold for me.

 
Slimy Lil' Ocean Creature

Tom wading towards the island
Sunset Kayaking
As a Floridian, I am used to being extremely hot at the beach and praying for a cloud to cover the sun so I might be comfortable for a few minutes. Therefore, when we got to the beach and it was cold and windy despite the sun, I was upset. I need a tan badly! Instead I wrapped myself up in a towel and stayed that way till we got back to the car.


Before we left the beach, Tom wanted to swing. So like two little kids we played on the swings. 



I wish the weather would warm up before I leave so we could spend more time at the beach. There are some great areas to snorkel and dive in Okinawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment