Thursday, March 15, 2012

Japanese Nail Art

Today I had the pleasure of going with Caralee to get a pedicure. I would have been excited to just get out of the apartment for the afternoon and have some girl time but this was even better! We went to a well known nail spa on the island - Cocok's Spa. It is best known because of the LARGE binder of nail art pictures to pick your design; there are thousands of pictures of designs from the basic polka dots to detailed pictures (the lady doing my toes had a different design on each finger and one looked like a painting of a sailboat!). 


Caralee took me to the Cocok's by the Seawall because if you get a chair on one side of the spa, which is on the second floor, you have a perfect view of the ocean. It was cloudy and raining (typical) so we didn't ask for a specific side of the salon. Other than that it was a normal salon - except you sit in La-Z-Boy chairs during the pedicure. At first I thought it was super strange but they have mats over the area for your feet. 


The most amazing part of our afternoon was how little effort and time it took for these girls to finish the nail art. They didn't use tools or tons of nail polish remover; they simply would ask what we wanted and if we wanted to change the colors and get right to work.

My Leopard Print Toes
Caralee's Watermelon Toes
We decided once these designs start to fade we will be going back before I leave Okinawa - I plan on coming back to the states with pretty toes for summer! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment